We've Been Living our Happily Ever After for

Monday, April 25, 2011

la boda de amor

credits to ms eyzel of projectdreamwedding.blogspot.com as I edited her title on one of her posts regarding her horrific experience with a Divisoria tailor.Me too has once become a victim of such gownmakers there as a bridesmaid. The gown had strings at the back and when I wore it, half of my back was showing, fit for a cabaret and not for a walk down the aisle. My mom and I tried to fix it and some stuff started to stick out 2 hours before the wedding...such horror...

Hence I told myself I'd never go there for my own wedding...I was so happy when one of my besties, Angel got married in 2009 and though she had  a huge baby bump, the designer was able to do a very good job of hiding it and one would rarely know she's pregnant unless upon close inspection ..Because of that, I told myself I'd get the same couturier when I get married..

Fast forward to 2011, I told my Mom we'd get married next year and she brought out her gown. I honestly didnt know what to do...talk about awkward! She got married 26 years ago and the wedding gown is pretty outdated..I was also apprehensive that there might be stains and what nots...

However upon close inspection, I saw that the gown is very similar to the design that I like and it can be modified...Most of all. I commend my Mom because it was well preserved! No stain, no molds not even the smell of cockroach eggs..hehe..So after lengthy discussion with my sister who will be my MOH, I decided that I will use the same gown with minor modifications...

The gown is originally long sleeved but I will post later as it takes its journey to be a 2012 gown of my dreams.. :D
here it is...


tahtah!

No comments:

span.fullpost {display:inline;}